The Old House Guest Accommodation is now located in First Class and is:
After nine years of living at The Old House, in the centre of the Market Square of Higham Ferrers and providing accommodation for over 10,000 guests, we, William and Simon, have decided to embark on a new and exciting venture.
To do this, we have sold The Old House, and moved just 50 yards down the road to No.1 Hind Stile in a quiet and quaint little lane.
From the start of 2020, we are offering exclusive Boutique Accommodation in two individually designed en-suite bedrooms. Alongside the bedrooms, guests will have use of a private sitting room and the breakfast room for those renowned Aga cooked English breakfasts.
After listening to you, our Customers, we have carefully considered what you have told us over the years. Hospitality, Quality and Individuality came foremost and we continue to deliver and improve the experience, and what was asked of us!
And, there’s exciting plans afoot with new ideas later in 2020.
Both bedrooms offer the exotic Penhaligon’s Halfeti toiletries (the scent is divine!), Lavazza coffee and tea, TV with Netflix and digital channels, free WiFi and our luxurious cotton bed linens, fluffy towels and Hildon water.
No.1 Hind Stile dates back to 1750 where it has a history of being a grocer’s shop, and more latterly, as a private home for over sixty years. Now, our boutique guest accommodation.
Car Parking for guests is still available free of charge, on the Market Square from 4.30 p.m. until 10.00 a.m. each day and No.1 Hind Stile is just a 2 minute walk away from the Square.
In totting up the last nine years, we thought you might like to share a few facts and figures:
- 10,771 Guests have slept at the Old House
- 8,077 Coffees have been brewed
- 11,816 Cups of Tea poured and served
- 19,388 Eggs have been cracked! – Poached, fried or scrambled?
- 18,498 loads of washing and drying…, and ironing!
- 3 (!) New Washing machines and 2 Tumble Dryers
- 9,693 Full English breakfasts served
- 485 Vegetarian breakfasts served
- 291kg Breakfast Cereals served
- 1,939 litres of fruit juice poured
- Do not return Guests – 7. You know who you are!!
We very much look forward to seeing you and welcoming you to our new house at No.1 Hind Stile.
William, Simon, Dolly and Arthur!